The Tabbs Room screams Quaint and Cozy
This cozy room at our relaxed Virginia bed and breakfast offers some garden, water and sunset views. This room is ground level and has a private entrance. The Tabbs room features a small sitting area, private bath with shower, guest fridge, small microwave and Keurig coffee machine.
This quaint room is in the “Bay Cottage” which is just a short distance from the main house with the Pool and gardens in between.
Guests have easy access to all common areas downstairs including a library with fireplace and cable TV, screened in porch, guest area with fridge, complimentary sodas, microwave, snacks, and ice maker. Guests have exclusive access to use of pool, bicycles, canoe, kayaks, and Stand-Up Paddleboards, (in season). Full specialty breakfast served each morning with locally roasted coffee.
The Tabbs Creek Room Amenities
- Queen size bed with Memory Foam topper
- Luxury linens
- Guest Robes
- Private bath with shower
- Sitting area
- 32” Amazon Fire Smart TV with free YouTubeTV
- Wireless Internet
- Individual thermostats
- Guest Fridge
- Keurig specialty beverage maker
- Essential oil diffuser with Lavender oil
- HEPPA air purifier
- Iron and Ironing board
- Hair dryer
***This room is considered “Pet Friendly” for 1 well behaved and friendly dog under 50 lbs. Keep in mind that this room is smaller than our other pet friendly suites, so space is limited! $25.00 per dog/per night pet fee, and some restrictions apply, (see “Pet Policy” below).
Details and Other Things to Note:
- All rates are based on single or double occupancy and are subject to 5.3% VA sales tax and 2% Mathews County lodging tax.
- Smoking and vaping of any kind is restricted to designated outdoor areas ONLY.
- Our property is not well suited for children; only those over 16 are permitted except when the whole Inn is booked for a wedding, family reunion, etc. Some suites can accommodate an extra person with a 25.00 per person per night fee. Please call in advance to discuss this option.
- MINIMUM STAY: A 2-night minimum stay is required for weekend stays. No minimum stay required for weekdays. Please check our website for single night stays as they sometimes become available.
- DEPOSITS: A room deposit of 50% of total stay guarantees your reservation. Balance is due upon departure. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express all accepted.
ALL cancellations before 7 FULL days of reservation will receive a full refund of deposit minus a $25.00 cancellation fee.
Cancellations, no shows and early departures affect us significantly regardless of your reasons for cancelling. For this reason, cancellations MUST be made 7 full days prior to the date of arrival. ALL cancellations made within 7 days of arrival date will be charged for the entire reservation, no exceptions. In the event of cancellations made within 7 days of arrival, we will make EVERY effort to re-book your room(s) for all or part of your reservation nights and will refund accordingly. Cancellation fee will still apply. It is always best to call and email us with any cancellation requests and we will do our very best to work with you if at all possible, but please understand the need for our policy and it is always best to obtain trip insurance to make sure you are fully covered.
Please note that requesting moving your reservation within 7 days of arrival date is the same as a cancellation and will be charged accordingly. Requests to move reservations outside of 7-day window will be handled on a case by case basis. Again, call and email us and we will do our best!
Checking In & Out:
CHECK IN time is in between 4-7 pm.
PLEASE call or email ahead if you plan on arriving later and we will make arrangements to greet you.
PLEASE, (pretty please!), call or email us if you plan on showing up earlier than 3:00. We can sometimes arrange for an early check in, but we need to hear from you.
CHECK OUT time is 11:00 a.m.
Our Tabbs Room is now “Pet Friendly” for one dog under 50 pounds. There is an additional pet fee of $25.00 per pet per night. RESTRICTIONS:
*Only well behaved and people-friendly dogs are welcome at the Inn.
*Leashes are required on dogs when outside the room. No exceptions!
*Dogs are allowed in all outdoor common area, decks and covered porches, but are not allowed in the main house which remains pet-free.
*Dogs are allowed in Pool area and Dock area, but not in the pool or water, (No “Wet Dog” Smell Please!).
*Owners will not leave dogs alone in guestrooms for long periods, and are responsible for behavior of their dogs, providing adequate bedding and supplies, clean-up of dog waste on property, and any damage that may incur to property or rooms from pet(s).
*Property owners reserve the right to ask guests to board their dogs if problems with damage, excessive barking, or aggressive behavior without refund of fees or room.