About The East River Suite
Get swept away by the feeling of world travel and romance in our East River suite. This suite features a comfortable King Size sleigh bed as well as a private entrance and large separate sitting room. A big picture window offers a waterfront view from the bedroom and private Jacuzzi tub for two. The en-suite bathroom includes a standalone shower as well. The separate sitting area has garden, water and sunset views. The sitting room also has a futon couch that can be converted to a bed to add one additional adult. (There is a $40.00 extra person fee per night).
The East River Suite Amenities
We have recently added small kitchenette units that include a single sink, 2 burner stove, and a large mini fridge with freezer. In addition, a portable rolling table unit with stools is neatly stored in the closet area but can be pulled out and set up in the suite for a small dining area or laptop/workspace.
Just behind the suite, you will find a newly installed private patio area that faces the creek. The patio has a gas fire-pit, toasty outdoor patio heater with string lights. Patio also includes a gas grill for cooking fresh local seafood or hand cut steaks from our local butcher.
The East River Suite is located in the “Bay Cottage” which is just a short distance from the main house with the Pool and gardens in between.
Guests have easy access to all common areas downstairs including a library with fireplace and cable TV, screened in porch, guest area with fridge, complimentary sodas, microwave, snacks, and ice maker. Guests have exclusive access to use of pool, bicycles, canoe, kayaks, and Stand-Up Paddleboards, (in season). Full specialty breakfast served each morning with locally roasted coffee.
East River Suite Amenities
- King size bed with Memory Foam topper
- Luxury linens
- Guest Robes
- Private bath with shower
- Jacuzzi tub
- Essential Oil diffuser with Lavender oil
- HEPPA Air purifier
- Sitting area
- Amazon Fire Smart TV with free YouTubeTV streaming
- Private waterfront patio with sitting area, gas firepit, grill and propane patio heater
- High Speed WIFI
- Individual thermostat
Details and Things to Note:
- All rates are based on single or double occupancy and are subject to 5.3% VA sales tax and 5% Mathews County lodging tax.
- Smoking is restricted to designated outdoor areas ONLY.
- Our property is not well suited for children; only those over 16 are permitted except when the whole Inn is booked for a wedding, family reunion, etc.
- Some suites can accommodate an extra person with a 40.00 per person per night fee. Please call us in advance to discuss this option.
- MINIMUM STAY: A 2-night minimum stay is required for weekend stays. There is no minimum stay required for weekdays. Please check our website for single night stays as they sometimes become available.
- DEPOSITS: A room deposit of 50% of total stay guarantees your reservation. Balance is due upon departure. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express all accepted.
- ***This suite is considered “Pet Friendly” for 1 well behaved and friendly dog under 50 lbs, or 2 well behaved and friendly dogs each under 25 lbs, $25.00 per dog/per night pet fee, and some restrictions apply, (see “Pet Policy” below).
- ALL cancellations before 7 FULL days of reservation will receive a full refund of deposit minus a $25.00 cancellation fee. WHOLE PROPERTY RESERVATIONS must give a 30 day notice of cancellation or will not receive refund unless rooms can be re-booked.
- Cancellations, no shows and early departures affect us significantly regardless of your reasons for cancelling. For this reason, cancellations MUST be made 7 full days prior to the date of arrival. ALL cancellations made within 7 days of arrival date will be charged for the entire reservation, no exceptions. In the event of cancellations made within 7 days of arrival, we will make EVERY effort to re-book your room(s) for all or part of your reservation nights and will refund accordingly. Cancellation fee will still apply. It is always best to call and email us with any cancellation requests and we will do our best to work with you, but please understand the need for our policy and it is always best to obtain trip insurance to make sure you are fully covered.
- Please note that requesting moving your reservation within 7 days of arrival date is the same as a cancellation and will be charged accordingly. Requests to move reservations outside of 7-day window will be handled on a case by case basis. Again, call and email us and we will do our best!
Checking In & Out:
- CHECK IN time is in between 4-7 pm. We often have rooms ready earlier, so please just call us to get an update.
- PLEASE call or email ahead if you plan on arriving later than 7 and we will make arrangements to greet you, or instruct you on self check-in.
- PLEASE, (pretty please!), call or email us if you plan on showing up earlier than 4:00. We can sometimes arrange for an early check in, but we need to hear from you.
- CHECK OUT time is 11:00 a.m.
- All of our suites are now “Pet Friendly” for one dog under 50 pounds or 2 dogs under 25 pounds each. Our Tabbs Room is now pet friendly for one dog under 50 lbs. There is an additional pet fee of $25.00 per pet per night. RESTRICTIONS:
- *Only well behaved and people-friendly dogs are welcome at the Inn.
- *Leashes are required on dogs when outside the room. No exceptions!
- *Dogs are allowed in all outdoor common area, decks and covered porches, but are not allowed in the main house which remains pet-free.
- *Dogs are allowed in Pool area and Dock area, but not in the pool or water, (No “Wet Dog” Smell Please!).
- *Owners will not leave dogs alone in guestrooms for long periods, and are responsible for behavior of their dogs, providing adequate bedding and supplies, clean-up of dog waste on property, and any damage that may incur to property or rooms from pet(s).
- *Property owners reserve the right to ask guests to board their dogs if problems with damage, excessive barking, or aggressive behavior without refund of fees or room.