The Chesapeake Suite
The Chesapeake Suite is a luxurious space that offers a private entrance, large separate sitting room, and a comfortable king size bed. A big picture window boasts a creekside view from the bedroom and private jacuzzi tub. The sitting room has garden, water and sunset views. The en-suite bathroom features a hand tiled shower with rain showerhead.
The sitting room has a futon couch that can be converted to a bed to add one additional adult, (there is a $40.00 extra person fee per night).
We have recently added small kitchenette units that include a single sink with hot and cold water, 2 burner stove and large mini fridge with freezer. In addition a portable rolling table unit with stools is neatly stored in the closet area but can be pulled out and set up in the suite for a small dining area or laptop/workspace.
Just behind your suite, you will find a newly installed private patio area that faces the creek and has a gas fire-pit, toasty outdoor patio heater, Edison string lights, and gas grill for cooking fresh local seafood or hand cut steaks from our local butcher.
The Chesapeake Suite is in the “Bay Cottage” which is just a short distance from the main house with the pool and gardens in between.
The Chesapeake Suite Amenities
- King size bed with Memory Foam topper
- Luxury linens
- Guest Robes
- Private bath with shower
- Jacuzzi tub
- Essential Oil diffuser with Lavender oil
- HEPPA Air purifier
- Sitting area
- Amazon Fire Smart TV with free YouTubeTV streaming
- Private waterfront patio with sitting area, gas firepit, grill and propane patio heater
- High Speed WIFI
- Individual thermostat
- Kitchenette unit with wet bar, guest fridge/freezer, dishes, pots & pans, basic spices, etc.
- Keurig specialty beverage maker
- Iron and Ironing board
- Hair dryer
Details and Other things to Note:
- The Chesapeake Suite is “Pet Friendly” for 1 well behaved and friendly dog under 50 lbs, or 2 well behaved and friendly dogs each under 25 lbs. $25.00 per dog/per night pet fee, and some restrictions apply, (see “Pet Policy” below).
- Guests have easy access to all common areas downstairs including a library with fireplace and cable TV, screened in porch, guest area with fridge, complimentary sodas, microwave, snacks, and ice maker. Guests have exclusive access to use of pool, bicycles, canoe, kayaks, and Stand Up Paddleboards, (in season). Full specialty breakfast served each morning with locally roasted coffee.
- All rates are based on single or double occupancy and are subject to 5.3% VA sales tax and 5% Mathews County lodging tax.
- Smoking is restricted to designated outdoor areas ONLY.
- Our property is not well suited for younger children under 16 years old. However, exceptions are made when the whole Inn is booked for a wedding, family reunion, etc.
- Some suites can accommodate an extra person with a $40.00 per person per night fee. Please call us in advance to discuss this option.
- MINIMUM STAY: A 2-night minimum stay is required on weekends. There is no minimum stay required for weekdays. Please check our website for single night stays as they sometimes become available.
- DEPOSITS: A room deposit of 50% of total stay guarantees your reservation. Balance is due upon departure. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express all accepted.
ALL cancellations before 7 FULL days of reservation will receive a full refund of deposit minus a $25.00 cancellation fee. We require a 30 day notice of cancellation for WHOLE PROPERTY RESERVATIONS. Unless rooms re-book, refunds will not be returned without this notice.
Cancellations, no shows and early departures affect us significantly regardless of your reasons for cancelling. For this reason, cancellations MUST be made 7 full days prior to the date of arrival. ALL cancellations made within 7 days of arrival date will be charged for the entire reservation, no exceptions. If cancellations are made within 7 days of arrival then we will make EVERY effort to re-book your room(s) for all or part of your reservation nights and will refund accordingly. However, a cancellation fee will still apply. Call or email us with cancellation requests and we will do our best to work with you. Purchase trip insurance to make sure you are fully covered.
Please note that requesting moving your reservation within 7 days of arrival date is the same as a cancellation and will be charged accordingly. Requests to move reservations outside of 7-day window will be handled on a case by case basis. Again, call and email us and we will do our best!
Checking In & Out:
- CHECK IN time is in between 4-7 pm. We often have rooms ready earlier, so please just call us to get an update.
- PLEASE call or email ahead if you plan on arriving later than 7 and we will make arrangements to greet you, or instruct you on self check-in.
- PLEASE, (pretty please!), call or email us if you plan on showing up earlier than 4:00. We can sometimes arrange for an early check in, but we need to hear from you.
- CHECK OUT time is 11:00 a.m.
All of our suites are now “Pet Friendly” for one dog under 50 pounds or 2 dogs under 25 pounds each. Our Tabbs Room is now pet friendly for one dog under 50 lbs. There is an additional pet fee of $25.00 per pet per night. RESTRICTIONS:
- *Only well behaved and people-friendly dogs are welcome at the Inn.
- *Dogs are required on leashes outside the room. No exceptions!
- *Dogs are allowed in all outdoor common area, decks and covered porches. The main house does not permit pets.
- *Dogs are allowed in Pool and Dock area, but not in the pool or water, (No “Wet Dog” Smell Please!).
- *Owners will not leave dogs alone in guestrooms for long periods, and are responsible for behavior of their dogs, providing adequate bedding and supplies, clean-up of dog waste on property, and any damage that may incur to property or rooms from pet(s).
- *Property owners reserve the right to ask guests to board their dogs if problems with damage, excessive barking, or aggressive behavior without refund of fees or room.