Yields 12 Muffins
These muffins are a favorite around here, in fact they appear on our breakfast menu more often than our other recipes. Super moist, rich, and just the right amount of sweetness to make you feel satisfied. These little muffins are filled with so much love, they would be perfect as a Valentines Day treat. Let us know what you think and pass this recipe along to a friend!
2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 (8 oz.) container strawberry yogurt
½ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 large eggs
1 cup fresh or frozen (unthawed) strawberries quartered, and broken up if frozen
1/3 cup sugar
¼ cup all- purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, oil, lemon zest and eggs; mix well.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently stir in strawberries. Fill greased muffin cups ¾ full.
- For the streusel topping: Combine sugar and flour. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and serve warm.