(Serves 8 – 6 ounce ramekins)
This Grapefruit Panna Cotta recipe is light and creamy but rich and decadent at the same time. We serve this panna cotta for breakfast alongside our Tomato and Cheddar Quiche, or Baked or Poached Eggs. However, this recipe would also make a terrific dessert.
½ cup sugar
2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
1/8 tsp. salt
2 cups heavy cream
2 Tbl. Grapefruit Zest
2 cups Buttermilk
½ cup toasted sliced almonds
Honey for drizzling
1.Whisk sugar, gelatin, and salt in saucepan to combine. Whisk in cream and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
2. Whisk in Grapefruit zest and cook over medium heat, stirring, until temperature reaches 155 degrees.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool to 105 degrees, about 15 minutes.
4. Using a fine mesh strainer, remove bulk of zest and any other solids that have formed by pouring into medium pitcher. Whisk in buttermilk.
5. Set 8 – 6 ounce ramekins on a sheet pan and pour mixture evenly among them. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 6 hours (up to 3 days).
6. Serve in ramekin or use paring knife around edges to invert onto plate. Top with toasted almonds and drizzled honey.