Overnight Yeasted Belgian Waffle Recipe
( Serves 6 )
½ cup lukewarm water (105 degrees)
1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
2 ¼ teaspoons dry active yeast
2 Cups Whole Milk, warmed 105 degrees
½ cup butter ( 1 stick)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Cups all purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon baking soda
8 hours , or overnight, prior to cooking ;
- Combine water yeast and sugar in large mixing bowl, whisk, allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, add milk and salt , heat to 105 degrees.
- Stir milk mixture into yeast mixture, slowly whisk in 2 cups flour.
- Cover with saran Wrap and allow to sit at room temperature overnight or at least 8 hours.
Just before cooking ;
- In a small bowl beat eggs, add vanilla and baking powder and whisk to combine.
- Add egg mixture to overnight batter mixture , whisk until smooth.
- Add to greased, non- stick waffle maker, cook until desired doneness.
Cardamom Vanilla Cream
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon Confection Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground seeds from inside cardamom pods