A guests favorite that’s sure to please the entire family. Great for holiday breakfast with its festive appeal. Easily serves four but also great as a side dish in smaller portions.
FOR CHORIZO HASH:
2 # SWEET POTATOES, SKIN PEELED AND DISCARDED, THEN SHAVED INTO STRIPS WITH PEELER
1 STRIP OF BACON
1 LG YELLOW ONION, MEDIUM DICE
1 # CHORIZO SAUSAGE, CASING REMOVED AND DICECD FINE
8 POACHED EGGS
CHOPPED BELL PEPPER AND CILANTRO
SALT TO TASTE
FOR CREAMED SPINACH:
¼ CUP SHALLOTS, MINCED
1 ½ TABLESPOONS UNSALTED BUTTER
1 ½ TABLESPOONS AP FLOUR
1 1/2 CUPS WHOLE MILK
½ CUP HEAVY CREAM
2 OZ. CREAM CHEESE
I LARGE BUNCH FRESH SPINACH, (OR 1 PACKAGE (10 OZ) FROZEN CHOPPED SPINACH)
2 TABLESPOONS PARMESEAN CHEESE
DASH OF HOT SAUCE
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
1. In a large skillet, sauté Chorizo until cooked through. Remove from pan saving 1 T grease and chop into small pieces. Add onion to saved grease and sauté until edges are golden.
2. On greased baking sheets, spread sweet potato strips in thin single layer. Bake for 20 minutes tossing once until slight browning occurs. Remove from baking sheets adding to chorizo mixture. Season with salt and keep warm.
3. For creamed spinach, defrost spinach and squeeze of excess moisture. In separate sauce pan heat milk, cream, cream cheese, and parmesan until cheese is incorporated. Add to Roux and whisk until smooth. Add spinach and season with hot sauce and salt. Keep warm.
4. Poach eggs until desired hardness. Keep warm
5. For plating, spread spinach in a ring around middle of plate. Add sweet potato hash in center of ring. Top with poached eggs, and garnish with paprika, chopped bell pepper, and chopped cilantro, (if desired)