In addition to our regular COVID safety protocols, we are now implementing the following:
- All employees are fully vaccinated and will obtain booster shots when available and eligible
- All employees are wearing masks when working in the downstairs common guest areas and when cleaning/ freshening guest rooms.
- All guests are highly encouraged to be fully vaccinated and required to wear a mask in downstairs common areas of the Main Inn if NOT fully vaccinated.
- All guests are highly encouraged to wear masks in downstairs common areas of Main Inn when not eating or drinking at dining tables.
- Full Breakfast will be served at guests chosen time between 8am and 10am each morning either in socially distanced seating areas in dining rooms, outside dining areas weather permitting, or can be picked up to go or be delivered to guest room upon request.
- Currently, we are blocking off the Tabbs room and East Billups room from November 14- March 31 to minimize the number of guests on the property and in the Main house during the colder months. Please call us about the potential of renting one or both of these rooms if traveling with a family or friends group bubble. If looking for a larger friends/family getaway and are interested in renting the whole property, please call us to inquire about a whole property discounted rate.
- We are adding HEPA Air Purifiers to each guestroom and downstairs dining areas to help remove bacteria and viruses as well as allergens from the surrounding air.
By limiting the number of guestrooms in the main house to just the West Billups and Captains rooms and having spaced out seating in the dining areas as well as the option for breakfast delivery to your guest room, we are keeping the number of guests who will have contact indoors to a minimum. As always, there is plenty of seating outdoors in different areas including the screened-in back porch with a propane patio heater and the waterfront wood firepit for the cooler days and evenings. With access to dining areas, dishes, microwave and gas grill, simple meals or takeout/delivery are also a safe option for guests in the main house. The downstairs rooms such as the library and dining areas will also have HEPPA air purifiers to help remove harmful bacteria, virus particles and allergens from the surrounding air. Guests are HIGHLY encouraged to please wear masks in downstairs common areas of the Main House when interacting with other guests or our staff.
Our three guest suites are optimal for a COVID safe retreat as they all have private entrances, living area with TV, large bedroom area with King size beds and Jacuzzi tubs, private patios with gas fireplace, gas grill, and propane patio heaters. The Chesapeake and East River suites have small Kitchenette units with 2 burner stovetop, wet bar, microwave, etc. as well as basic pots and pans, dishware, and spices to prepare simple meals. The Bayside Suite has a larger kitchenette area with gas range along with all the rest. The town of Mathews offers plenty of dining, take out and some delivery options as well. All have beautiful views of the creek with large picture windows and waterfront patios. All suites also have tables and power strips for laptop/workspace as well as high speed internet.
Reserve your relaxing change of scenery today!
We are continuing the following COVID safety practices implemented last year:
*We have partnered with EcoLab and are using their best disinfectant proven to kill the COVID virus within 30-40 seconds of contact and safe for all surfaces as well as being trained in proper sanitation practices.
*All guestrooms are being thoroughly disinfected in between guests as well as all linens and towels swapped out. We then also do a thorough cleaning of the room and final disinfecting upon exiting room. Staff wears facemask when cleaning rooms. For more details about our enhanced cleaning protocols, please click here.
*All dining areas are thoroughly disinfected between guests.
*All common areas of Inn are constantly being disinfected throughout the day.
*All our small staff get a temperature check upon reporting to work and are sent home if running a fever. All staff are encouraged to NOT report to work if feeling any symptoms of illness and are required to stay home and get tested if exposed to a positive case of COVID. Any such staff must show proof of negative test before returning to work.
*Kitchen staff are fully masked and constantly washing hands and wearing one time use gloves when handling any food which will not be thoroughly cooked.